Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice and Takedown Procedure
Center for Pest Control (CPC) intends to fully comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), including the notice and “take down” provisions, and to benefit from the safe harbors immunizing Center for Pest Control (CPC) from liability to the fullest extent of the law. Center for Pest Control (CPC) reserves the right to terminate the account of any Member or Data who infringes upon the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Included below are the processes and procedures that Center for Pest Control (CPC) will follow to resolve any claims of intellectual property violations:
A) Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Center for Pest Control (CPC)’s Copyright Agent with the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner (the “Complainant:) of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that has allegedly been infringed;
2. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that the Complainant claims has been infringed;
3. A description of where the infringing material or activity that the Complainant is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site (e.g., unique URL to the file);
4. The name, address, telephone number and email address of the Complainant;
5. A statement by the Complainant that upon a good faith belief the disputed use of the material or activity is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent or the law; and
6. A statement by the Complainant made under penalty of perjury, that the Complainant is the copyright or intellectual property owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner and that the information provided in the notice is accurate.
Center for Pest Control (CPC)’s Copyright Agent for Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations can be reached as follows:
By E-Mail: contact@CenterforPestControl.com or via Contact Form https://www.centerforpestcontrol.com/contact/
B) Center for Pest Control (CPC)’s Response to Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations.
1. Promptly remove or disable access to the material or activity claiming to be infringing;
2. Notify the Member or Data Owners responsible for posting the alleged infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights that the material or activity has been removed or access to it has been disabled; and
To the extent the notices and “take down” requirements above deviate from the requirements under the DMCA, then the notice requirements as provided by the DMCA shall control and are herein incorporated by reference.
In accordance with the DMCA, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and in the sole discretion of Center for Pest Control (CPC), Members who are deemed to be repeat copyright infringers. We may also in our sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the account of any Member who infringes upon any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.